Melbourne’s Future Planning Framework
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) has been working with local councils since 2017 to develop Melbourne’s Future Planning Framework including six draft land use framework plans (LUFPs) for the Melbourne Metropolitan regions.
As a key Plan Melbourne 2017-2050 implementation action, the plans will help guide how growth, jobs, housing, infrastructure, major transport improvements and open space are managed at a regional level over the next 30 years.
The six metropolitan regions are made up of 32 local government areas (LGAs) and each has its own unique plan:
- Inner metro region - Yarra, Melbourne and Port Phillip LGAs.
- Inner South East metro region - Stonnington, Boroondara, Glen Eira and Bayside LGAs.
- Southern metro region - Kingston, Greater Dandenong, Frankston, Casey, Mornington Peninsula and Cardinia LGAs.
- Western metro region - Melton, Wyndham, Brimbank, Moonee Valley, Hobsons Bay and Maribrynong LGAs.
- Northern metro region - Whittlesea, Darebin, Moreland, Nillumbik, Hume, Banyule and part of Mitchell LGAs.
- Eastern metro region - Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah, Manningham, Yarra Ranges LGAs.
Public consultation on the draft plans is open from 24 August to 24 October 2021. We invite you to read, review and have your say on the draft plans on the program’s Engage Victoria website.